Fire Protection Employment Opportunities
Current members of NEAFPSD may post job wanted notices.
Fire Protection Engineer/Fire Sprinkler Designer Position Posted: 10/14/16
Fire Protection Designer - Entry or mid-level position open immediately in Norton, MA
Please send resume to email@example.com or call 508-438-9938
David M. Canham - Design Consultant
Rustic Fire Protection, Inc.
320 West Main Street - Norton, MA 02766
Fire Protection Engineer/Fire Sprinkler Designer Position Posted: 09/17/15
Mammoth Fire Protection Systems is seeking a Fire Sprinkler Design technician. We offer an excellent benefit package and have a great work environment. We are growing team oriented company with a low employee turnover.
The designer will be responsible for managing day-to-day requirements for completing project designs. Responsibilities will include:
Prepare NFPA compliant drawings using HydraCAD and AutoCAD
Perform hydraulic calculations using HydraCALC
Prepare submittals for contractors, owners, Fire Marshalls and Building Commissioners
Have an understanding of submittal and permitting process for NE states and towns
Coordinate with estimator to review bids
Field surveys and job meetings for coordination with contractor and other trades
Prepare fabrication drawings, piping and material lists for field crews
Job close-outs including; as-builts, O&M’s and warranties
Minimum 3 years experience in fire protection design
NICET Certification a plus
Strong knowledge of AutoCAD and or HydraCAD
Should have an excellent understanding of NFPA Standards and Building Codes
Strong technology skills
Strong understanding of fire sprinkler system installation practices
Please forward resumes to: Gary Robidoux Gary.firstname.lastname@example.org
Mammoth Fire Protection Systems, Inc. - 176 Walker Street Lowell, MA 01854
Fire Protection Engineer/Fire Alarm Engineer Posted: 09/16/15
Fire Alarm Engineer Location: Quincy, MA
National Fire Protection Association is an international nonprofit NFPA, established in 1896. Our mission is to help save lives and reduce loss with information, knowledge and passion. We are the leading global advocate for the elimination of death, injury, property and economic loss due to fire, electrical and related hazards.
Do you want to make a difference? We have a great opportunity for a fire alarm engineer who will independently manage technical projects of a complex nature related to area of expertise including technical committee, product development, and association activities.
The primary responsibility of this position is to perform the following listed activities on behalf of NFPA 72 National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code
· Technical Committee – Manages technical committee activities and projects of major complexity throughout document development process, serving as technical committee staff liaison in compliance with the NFPA Standards Development Process.
· Product Development – Oversees all content development and review for product development activities acting as technical expert in support of any product development within the area of expertise.
· Technical Services – Provides technical services of major complexity in support of internal and external association activities within the area of expertise to support the adoption and use of the assigned standards.
· Cross functional activities – Participates in related association cross functional activities providing technical review and input within area of expertise to meet association goals.
· Special Projects – Manages special projects as assigned within area of technical expertise.
· External Liaison – Acts as representative for the association to local and federal government, industry, related organizations, and media outlets serving as the principal liaison between the association and the appropriate organization to ensure association representation and awareness.
· Budgetary Criteria – Provides required budgetary information for assigned projects
· Professional Certification/Licensure in related field.
· 7 to 10 years experience.
· Proven project management experience and excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and writing skills are important.
Please apply online at Fire Alarm Engineer (www.nfpa.org/careers)
Previous Job Postings
Fire Protection Engineer/Design Technician Posted: 03/29/13
Cogswell Sprinkler Co., Inc., Worcester, MA is seeking a sprinkler designer/technician with a minimum five years experience with AutoCAD/ SprinkCAD. We offer excellent salary compensation / benefit package, and have a proven track record for minimal employee turn over. Come join a leading fire protection team...
Please forward resumes to:John M. Cogswell, email@example.com Cogswell Sprinkler Co., Inc. 122 Canterbury Street Worcester, MA 01610
Fire Protection Engineer/Design Technician Posted: 10/02/12
Candidates must possess the skill to design and hydraulically calculate automatic sprinkler systems.
E. M. Duggan
Perform flow tests
Coordinate with other mechanical trades in a 3D model
Field survey and design projects for field installations
Produce fabrication sheets for cutting and listing pipe
Manage fabrication process and delivery dates
Attend coordination meetings in office and in field environments
Produce product submittal packages, drawings for submittal and drawings for installation
Compare head counts on bid drawings to actual install drawings
Use design programs such as AutoCAD, Navisworks, AutoSPRINK, SprinkCAD
Strong communications skills
Ability to work in a fast passed team orientated environment
A strong sense of urgency and the capability to meet deadlines
The willingness to learn new concepts and thinking outside the box
Ability to execute tasks will little supervision.
Fire Protection Engineer/Design Technician Posted: 10/01/12
Position requires high quality design of fire sprinkler and standpipe systems.
SMITH AUTOMATIC SPRINKLER
We are one of largest independently owned sprinkler contractors in the Northeast. We design, fabricate and install fire protection systems.
Design complete fire protection systems using AutoCAD software and hydraulic calculation programs for both small and large projects
If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill out our application from our website at www.smithsprinkler.com.
Return the completed application and a copy of your resume via fax to (860) 282-2275 or mail to:Attention: Human Resource Dept Smith Automatic Sprinkler 101 Bidwell Road South Windsor, CT 06074 AA/EOE
End of List - The job list will be updated as we receive additional information.
To post a job or job wanted notice e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
New England Association of
Fire Protection System Designers
PO Box 149
Wrentham, MA 02093-0149